The Ottawa Orthotic Lab is a local business that has been operating in Canada’s capital since 1996. Since then we have helped all types of patients, from everyday exercisers to Olympic athletes.
Our full-time staff includes Canadian Certified Pedorthists, Certified Pedorthic Technicians, and an Athletic Therapist. We are trained to:
- Alleviate painful or debilitating conditions of the lower limbs
- Accommodate foot deformities
- Re-align anatomical structures
- Redistribute external and internal forces
- Improve balance
- Control biomechanical function
We achieve these goals through the fabrication of custom made foot orthotics designed from 3-Dimensional models of the feet.
Certified And Regulated
At the Ottawa Orthotic Lab we are all certified by the College of Pedorthics of Canada as well as members of the Pedorthic Association of Canada. We are regulated health care providers with clearly defined competencies, scope of practice, education and code of ethics. As Canadian Certified Pedorthists, we are an approved provider of custom foot orthotics recognized by all insurance companies.
Athletes Helping Athletes
In addition to general pedorthic care, we also specialize in athlete-focused assessment and treatment. All of us are or were competitive athletes and as such have an intimate knowledge of the mindset and the rigorous demands of training and competition. We have the equipment, experience, and expertise to provide detailed biomechanical assessment and gait analysis. Our love for sport has taken us down many paths. We share diverse athletic backgrounds and accomplishments:
- More than fifty (50) marathons, including Boston and New York city Marathons
- Provincial marathon champion
- National-level figure skating
- Competitive track and field specializing in the 100m and 200m events
- Competitive hockey and soccer
- CrossFit training and Level 1 certified
- Mountain biking
- Trail running
- Advanced hiking
- Competitive touch football
We are just as passionate about orthotics as we are about our sports. We understand how your orthotics and sport specific footwear work together to allow you to perform your best.
Our clients include but are not limited to:
Runners, skiers, golfers, figure skaters, hockey players, speed skaters and active individuals from all walks of life and sport.